Plan is a member of the key networks and alliances working to improve children’s lives in developing countries.
Plan works in partnership with:
- Action for Global Health – a cross-Europe network of non-governmental organisations and charities focused on achieving the health Millennium Development Goals
- Child Rights Information Network – a global network for children’s rights that undertakes activities around the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Connect4Climate – an initiative spearheaded by the World Bank connecting youth around the world to share their stories on climate change in a competition using photography, video and social media. The competition will culminate in an awards ceremony during the UN climate change summit in Durban, and will evolve into a global platform for climate change and development issues.
- Global Call to Action Against Poverty – an alliance of trade unions, NGOs and the women’s, youth, community and faith groups calling for world leaders to end poverty and inequality
- Global Movement for Children – a coalition aiming to unite organisations and individuals to build a world fit for children. Plan is a member of the convening committee.
- Global Campaign for Education – a coalition of NGOs, child rights activists, and teachers’ and public-sector unions campaigning for free, good-quality basic education for all
- NetHope – a unique collaboration of 32 international humanitarian organisations working with industry partners to use ICT to aid development projects and disaster relief efforts.
- The Communicating with Disaster Affected Communities (CDAC) Network - a cross-sector collaboration between aid agencies, UN organisations, the Red Cross Movement & media development organisations.
- The One Foundation - - the charitable arm of the One brand, supporting communities across Africa to address some of the most pressing humanitarian issues, including access to water, sanitation, nutrition and poverty.