Face Up is a vital campaign that is helping to break the silence on FGM, child marriage and other forms of violence against girls.
Our work has shown time and time again that this is the first step in successfully ending these practices.
The UK government has also declared its commitment to ending child marriage and FGM in a generation. Adding your face to our campaign will show the public is right behind this pledge – and ensure politicians continue to prioritise this vital work.
Together we can empower girls around the world, speak up for the voiceless, challenge gender inequality and change discriminatory attitudes.
Stay updated with our work by joining the Because I am a Girl campaign.
How does Face Up help to end violence against girls?
• The voices of girls who are living with the consequences of FGM and child marriage are not being heard. With the help of famous faces like Beverley Knight, Natalie Dormer and Lena Headey, we are putting their real stories where they can’t be ignored.
• Your support helps us to put pressure on governments and decision makers to make changes that benefit the lives of women and girls.
• Add your face to put girls’ rights where they can’t be ignored and raise awareness among the general public, politicians and parents whose daughters are at risk.
How does it relate to Plan's work?
Face Up is part of the Because I am a Girl campaign. It is running alongside our projects in some of the world’s poorest countries to end FGM and child marriage in a generation.
By working closely with communities and involving men, women, girls and boys, we’ve already helped 58 million girls – girls like Mary from Mali, who was subjected to FGM aged 7, or Myness from Malawi, who escaped a forced marriage to an alcoholic husband at 13 years old.
What else can I do?
You can help us to spread the message about girls' rights. Get involved in the conversation online by sharing the campaign on Facebook and Twitter or writing a blog about the issues and why you're facing up to violence against girls.
• Download the Face Up PDF, which contains essential information about the campaign, including suggested Facebook posts and tweets.
• Download images and banners for social media from the Plan Dropbox.
Join the world's biggest campaign for girls' rights to help us protect girls from FGM, child marriage and other forms of violence, and to ensure that they can go to school and have their voices heard. Join Because I am a Girl